AdobeÂ® FlashÂ® Media Live Encoder 3.2 live audio and video capture software is a media encoder that streams audio and video in real time to Adobe Flash Media Server software or Flash Video Streaming Service (FVSS). This software can enable the broadcast of live events such as sporting events, webcasts, or concerts â€” around the clock.
Once you have installed Flash Media Live Encoder, connect your video source (e.g. webcam) to the computer and launch Flash Media Live Encoder. Flash Media Live Encoder should detect any video and audio devices connected to your computer.
To start streaming your video and/or audio source, please follow these steps:
- Select the 'Video' option to enable video streaming (see screenshot below). Select the 'Audio' option if you want to stream live audio.
- We recommend you select 'Medium Bandwidth (300 Kbps)' for 'Preset'.
- Select the video source you would like to stream under the 'Device' parameter.
- Enter the following address for 'FMS URL':
rtmp: //Your_Domain_or_IP:1937/your application/instance_name
Replace Your_Domain_or_IP with your domain name or dedicated IP address (if your account has been assigned one). When entering your domain name, do not enter the 'www.' portion (e.g. type in mysite.com and not www.mysite.com).
The instance name is arbitrary and is used to reference the stream.
Example FMS URL:Â rtmp://mysite.com/live/soccermatch
- Choose a name for your live stream and enter it in the 'Stream' field. Stream name is arbitrary and could be called anything.
- Click on 'Connect' to connect to the server. If Flash Media Live Encoder is unable to connect to the server, please check your 'FMS URL' address.
- Click on the big green 'Start' button near the bottom of the page to start streaming your video and/or audio source to your account.